How to create a sitemap in Joomla 2.5
- Written by Luis Posselt
Today you will learn how to create a quick HTML Sitemap inside Joomla 2.5.
The extension we are going to be using in here is a well-known Joomla Extension call X-Map developed by Guillermo Vargas.
Side Note: This Joomla Blog uses this extension. You can see it in action if you want by visiting the bottom links Sitemap and XML Sitemap.
Xmap is a Site map generator component for Joomla and allows you to create a map of your site using the structure of your menus.
The main features from this Joomla Extension are:
- Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
- Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
- Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites.
- Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
- Option to compress the XML sitemap
- Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
- Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6, Joomla 1.7, and Joomla 2.5
- You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
- You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.